Leer en Español
Have you ever felt mistreated by a border agent?
You are not the only one.
Speak out and tell your story.
Help prevent further abuse and cross with dignity.
Our border is home to tremendous cultural and economic exchange where we as workers, families, students, tourists and shoppers should be treated with dignity and respect for our rights. For many of us, crossing at our nation’s ports of entry is coming home, and we deserve our proper welcome. Too often, however, CBP officers mistreat people and act as if we don’t have rights.
Thousands cross our ports daily, many who aren’t aware of their rights or don’t believe they have any. When citizens and noncitizens alike feel discriminated against, humiliated, treated with suspicion, or are physically and verbally abused by poorly trained and unprofessional CBP officers, their first impression is completely contrary to our values of fairness, equality and justice. Mistreatment is not the welcome home treatment we deserve.
With your help, we can change the current border reality and demand that everyone be treated with dignity and respect. Together, telling our stories will support much needed reforms to bring long overdue accountability to CBP. If you, your family or friends have felt mistreated or experienced abuse at the hands of CBP, contact our local organizations to report your abuse either anonymously or non-anonymously. We need to speak out and tell our story border-wide. When you speak up for yourself, you also speak for many more and will help prevent further human rights violations in our community.
Border-Wide Day of Action – Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Border Reality Checkpoints deploy across the southern border region.
ACLU New Mexico
Know Your Rights: English
> Mini-folleto: Know Your Rights at the Border: http://aclutx.org/download/183
> Mini-folleto: Conocer tus derechos en la frontera: http://aclutx.org/download/184
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/
Cameron County Know-Your-Rights “Checkpoint”
Friday, April 17, 3-5 p.m.
- Despierta El Paso – ACLU: Abuso de autoridad de CBP
- Lanzan “Cruza con dignidad” para documentar quejas de abusos fronterizos
- Hacen campaña contra abusos en cruces fronterizos
- Inician campaña de denuncias de abuso de autoridades en la frontera
- Inician campaña de denuncias de abusos en la frontera
- Reúnen testimonios de abusos de oficiales en todas las garitas
- “Dignity Crossing” Monday In El Paso
- Activistas lanzan campaña contra los abusos de agentes fronterizos
- Activists Inform People About Their Rights Crossing The San Ysidro Border
- Demand for dignity at the border
- Crossing with dignity
- YouTube: PoE
- Southern Border Region hosts -Know Your Rights- campaign
- Organization: Some legally crossing border are interrogated for hours
- Report seeking border crossing abuse testimonies
- Reporte busca testimonios de abuso en cruce fronterizo
- Documenta ACLU abuso de autoridades migratorias